Leg Exercise Equipment
If you are looking for some great leg exercise equipment, then we can help!
Leg exercises are directed at the muscle groups in the leg area to improve and develop leg muscles to help you execute more rigorous tasks such as running, hiking, swimming, and other activities a whole lot easier. These can best be achieved using the appropriate leg exercise equipment. You can find Courses in personal training from Discovery Learning
There are 2 types of leg exercise equipment, one intended for muscle building, and the other to improve cardiovascular. Below, you will find popular leg exercise equipment grouped according to their category.
Leg exercise equipment intended for muscle building:
(1) Leg extensions or Leg curls
– This machine is intended to work up quadriceps (muscles in the front thigh). Strengthening the muscles in this area is achieved by applying opposing weight to the top of your feet followed by extending the leg straight. The same machine can be used for leg curls, which is ideal for strengthening hamstrings. This is done by applying weights on your heels, curling the legs towards your back while laying flat on your stomach. It is more interesting for you to visit
for more helpful tips of exercise.
(2) Leg Press
– This machine comes in vertical and seated types. It is best for working out the back, quadriceps and gluteus maximus, which is significant for hip, back and lower leg function. When used as a seated leg press
, the plates attached to the weights are pushed upright away from the body. The perpendicular leg press is done in a similar way but this is performed laying on your back, and pushing the weights upright.
(3) Calf Raise Machine – As the name connotes, this machine is obviously designed to target the calf muscles at the back of the lower legs. The routine entails lifting the weighted bar by raising the back of the heels. The newer machines let you perform the routine sitting by placing the knees under padded bars and applying weights. Some machines let you exercise the calf muscles by standing and putting the weight on the shoulders.
Click here for a comprehensive list of leg strength training equipment
Leg exercise equipment intended to improve cardiovascular:
(1) Stair climbers or steppers – These types of equipment are best recognized for their calorie burning ability. It emulates climbing flights of stairs thus an excellent cardiovascular routine.
(2) Bike or Cycles – This equipment is a perfect cardiovascular workout while giving the added benefit of leg and but firming. It is less prone to knees and ankle injury. Since, it is indoor equipment you can ride a bike in any weather condition.
(3) Elliptical or Cross trainers – This machine is best akin to cross country skiing that is a popular ultimate endurance workout. They are awesome if you want to burn calorie quickly, and are perfect for cardiovascular and thigh workout.
(4) Treadmills – Proven as ultimate leg and cardiovascular workout. Its only disadvantage is their tendency to be strenuous on the knees and ankles.
Please browse our articles and reviews by visiting our blog here